It is big technology news for you that Mozilla is now introducing the Smartphone and join the â€œwar of smartphonesâ€ by unveiling the two of its Firefox OS developer smartphones.
These two smartphones Â are developed by Geeksphone , in corporation with Telefonica.
She also said that â€œwe are working on bringing the power of the web to mobile, through Firefox OS, along with all the power of open standards and an open community, and once again, weâ€™d like to invite web developers to join us.â€
Gary Kovacs, CEO of Mozilla, said in a speech. “The large number of operators and manufacturers now supporting this effort will bring additional resources and diversity to our global offerings.”
These two smartphones named â€˜Keonâ€™ and â€˜Peakâ€™. The Peak has little superior specs, even though it will still consider a low-end device by todayâ€™s principles. Â All Specifications of these two smartphones are given below.
Specifications of these two smartphones
1-The â€˜Keonâ€™ model
- Â CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 1Ghz
- Â Â UMTS 2100/1900/900 (3G HSPA)
- Â Â 3 MP Camera
- Â Â Screen 3.5â€³ HVGA Multi touch
- Â Â Unlocked, add your own SIM card
- Â Â Micro USBÂ and Micro SD ports, Wi-Fi N, Light and proxmity Sensor, G-Sensor, GPS, Over the air updates
- Â Â 1580 m Ah battery
- Â 4 gega byte ROM, 512 MB RAM
2-The â€˜Peakâ€™ model
- Â UMTS 2100/1900/900 (3G HSPA).
- Â Â GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (2G EDGE).
- Â Â Â 4 gega byte (ROM) and 512 (RAM).
- Â Â Â CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.2 Gega hz x2.
- Â Â Â Battery 1800 mAh.
- Â Â Â Â Screen 4.3â€³ q HD IPS Multi touch.
- Â Â Â Â Micro SD ports, Wi-Fi N, Light
- Â Â Â Â proxmity Sensor, GPS, Micro USB ports, Flash (camera) and Â G-Sensor,
The Firefox OS smartphones are only offered to the developers. There is still no news about the price of these two Smartphones but it is expected that these are available for the Firefox SO developers in February.
If you are a developer who is interested in web technologies and mobile so try out this Firefox OS. Â Mozilla surmises that, they makeÂ the apps web-based, and there by transferring many of the appsâ€™ processing necessities back to web servers, relocating a lot of the appsâ€™ this Firefox OS phones must contain a longer battery life, and work more efficiently, than comparable phones running, like, Googleâ€™s Android operating system. Mozilla said in a blog posting on Tuesday.
â€œDevelopers are critical to the web and to Mozillaâ€™s mission to make the web accessible to everyone.â€
There is very fascinating news about Firefox OS, that itâ€™s more often than not sponsored by Google. This is a great effort made by Mozilla for the developers. However we can see the real magic of these phones when Mozilla released them for developers.